Friday, January 25, 2008

Calm in the Eye of the Storm (Riding the Waves)

Here is Calm in the Eye of the Storm (Riding the Waves) Copyright 2008 Sheryl Brown, All Rights Reserved, a 16x20 acrylic painting I did after some serious massage and detox last month.

As often happens, I didn't consciously paint something I later saw--it looks like a seated figure in the center of the bubble, with a light shining down from above! (You may not be able to see it easily in this size.)

For me, I was just playing with swirling color, and as usual found my favorite themes of water and sky appearing beneath my paintbrush.

This is a great metaphor for life, isn't it? Even when circumstances can be challenging and even overwhelming, we can find a place of strength and peace within, and be able to weather it out. Here's to smooth sailing! --in one fashion or another!

No comments: