Friday, February 29, 2008

Pairs, "Grandma's Joy"




I was cruising through some old digital photos of paintings I did a few years back, and came upon a treat.

These two photos are close up's of one of the largest paintings I have ever attempted. It measures 30"x40" overall, and the close up's each cover only about a few inches square.

What a different effect it has getting this zoomed in look.

So now I've found a series of Pairs that match up nicely which I'll be posting in the next few days.

My original intent with this one was to paint something to express my joy at the anticipation of becoming a grandma back in the summer of 2006 (since I seem to be on that theme this week!) (and you thought I might change the subject, eh?), and so I named it "Grandma's Joy" (Copyright, All Rights Reserved by Sheryl Brown). I kept trying to think of a better title, wondering if that sounded too cheesy, but heck, I do tend to be cheesy, so there it is.

I never was overly satisfied with the painting (looked something like bouncing beach balls), and it never seemed quite done; but knowing my tendency to overwork things, I haven't added to it since. Maybe the beauty in it is the close up view, and how everything in life adds up to make an imperfect, yet workable whole. Does this sound like some kind of life lesson?

Well, there you have it--those are my musings for now. Stay tuned....

No comments: