Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thank you, Linda-Ann!

What a great day we had on Sunday in Langley, BC with Linda-Ann's horse, Rio!

Several of us gals joined Linda-Ann Bowling at her horse ranch for a potluck after we spent time outside learning how she uses horses in her coaching business. Horses are such sensitive creatures that they mirror back what's going on inside us.

Here I am with Rio after a session of grooming and then walking Rio around the corral. I came away with a renewed idea of keeping balance in my relationships. Because I am such a relationship person, I can spend a lot of time focusing on others' needs, not always minding my own. Rio also reflected back to me a certain cautiousness I have in moving my business forward. I tend to want to stay out of the limelight, and to avoid taking too much risk (at least in certain areas).

Okay, I know my close friends and family are now chuckling at that because I'm not too shy. I do love to show off my art and to get a laugh out of people with my corny sense of humor. I actually have been known to get up in front of people and talk. But when it comes to formal public speaking or being considered an expert at what I do, I tend to downplay myself a bit, and maybe stand in the sidelines.

So, folks, there you have it! True Confessions of a "Psycho" Therapist!! (I've been wanting to put that in print for years! The "psycho" therapist joke, I mean!) (Just remember, you heard it here first!) (That is the name of my autobiography to be written before I'm 70.)

You can learn more about Linda-Ann's work on her website http://www.equine-imity.com/ . There's an excellent description of how horses are prey animals that you definitely should go read! She has other cool stuff there too, and does spa-like retreats.

Thanks again, Linda-Ann, we had a blast!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: